Visual Storytelling with Mural
Visual storytelling is different from writing in text only, and we believe it requires a purpose-built tool to work with the richness and power of multimedia.
Mural is a tool for visual storytelling. It’s a program that helps you sequence your visual story, and then generates everything needed for that story to be displayed on most modern web browsers and served from any web server.
When a story is made with Mural, its visual elements are displayed at full screen by default, letting the strength and richness of your work shine through. Images can be combined with sound, videos combined with text, and numerous other combinations are possible. Rearrange your sequences with a simple drag and drop.
- What you see is what you get
- See the way your story will look, test out all of the elements, and make changes if necessary before it’s uploaded to the web.
- Make better use of the power of visual storytelling. Present complex stories in long form with the strong visuals they deserve. Set your photo and video journalists free.
- Create compelling documentation for galleries, museums and individual artists. Present work in a more compelling manner.
- Mural can be used effectively anywhere where a story needs to be told across media. Present your organization's stories in a visually powerful way quickly, easily and in a cost-effective manner.
- Advertising and Marketing
- Present your brand with greater impact, and bring your web and video assets closer together.
Stories Produced by Mural
- Mac OSX v0.3.0
- Windows v0.3.0 32 bit
- Windows v0.3.0 64 bit
- Debian v0.3.0 AMD 64
- Debian v0.3.0 Intel x86
Download the Mural user manual
The newest manual is for Mural 0.3.0. It includes information on the features available in Mural, as well as recommended apps to use with it and tips on getting the most out of the tool.
Mural License & Info
Mural is free and open source, and is licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL).
Funding for the initial development of Mural was provided in Round 3 of Google's Digital News Initiative Prototype Fund.
There are several ways you can get involved in the Mural project. The main one is to use the tool to make great visual stories. You are free to make changes or improvements to the code on Github, its documentation, or its user interface. We only ask that you share these changes back with the Mural community.
You can also hire us to work with you. Mural Software, s.r.o. is a Czech company that serves as the maintainer of the Mural code base, and offers paid services based on the free software. These services include hosting, consulting, custom software development and training.
Need help? Hop on over to the Mural subreddit! If you still have questions that haven't been answered, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
160 00 Prague 6
+420 724 073 364
Donate to Mural
We take Paypal donations - buy us a coffee! Our developers love that stuff.
orBecome a Patron!